30 January 2019
Monthly Review: January 2019
In the first of what may — or may not — be a regular series, this is a review of my past month.
What Went Well at Home?
- The first month of my self-anointed Year of Fun went well. I remembered the theme as I went about my days and it helped create a better attitude and a happier daily mood.
- Summer school holidays are almost done. Our family has survived intact which must be considered a win!
- A staycation weekend was a welcome reprieve for Hannah and I. We rarely get the opportunity to enjoy each other’s company without children, so this break was a blessing.
What Went Well at Work?
- January is always a slow month for work. I managed to use the time effectively to ensure I’m not carrying forward a backlog into the rest of the year.
- A visit to Perth Observatory where we viewed the night sky. Our son had a ball.
- The Australia Day Fireworks were impressive.
My Media Diet
- Watched the first two episodes Star Trek: Discovery, season 2. Already it is better than the inaugural season.
- Bohemian Rhapsody was an enjoyable movie that compelled my wife and I to play Queen music on the drive home.
- NBL basketball continues to bring me enjoyment.
- Reading Toll by Matt Gemmell.
- Listening to the audiobook of Educated by Tara Westover.