Inspired by Derek Sivers, these are the things occupying my time as at 2 January 2020:
- Feeling good that my beginning of year planning is as well done as it ever has been.
- Thinking about a big overseas holiday later this year.
- Enjoying great banter with mates on WhatsApp.
- Working to eliminate imposter syndrome from my psychological make-up.
- Enjoying the audio book No Way Back by Matthew Klein.
- Looking forward to the FIBA Basketball World Cup. Go Boomers!
- Preparing for the new financial year, which brings a new set of KPIs to be achieved.
- Trying to decide if I should re-subscribe to Sanebox.
- Playing with MailMate as an email client, which I am liking.
- Making sure I completely understand Git, which this site now uses for version control now that I have removed Dropbox from my IT infrastructure.
- Playing around with Secure Shellfish for iOS.
- Preparing to say goodbye to my dog of 14 years. Her time has come.
- Constructing my wiki and continuing to compare it against the use of TheBrain and DEVONthink.
- Preparing my work in progress such that I can put everything on pause in order to take advantage of Long Service Leave.
- Thinking about how I miss study (or at least the concept of study).
- Reflecting on what a big year this is going to be in Australian Federal politics, particularly for my wife, Hannah Beazley, Labor Candidate for Swan.
- Listening to the audiobook of Bad Blood, the story of the sham that was Theranos.
- Attempting to motivate myself to get work cranking for 2019. 2019-02-10
- Thinking about what I should set as my ‘theme’ for 2019. 2019-01-09
- Automating as many routine software-based tasks as I possibly can, with help from a range of apps such as Workflow, Drafts, Keyboard Maestro, TextExpander and Cloze. 2019-01-02
- Rehabilitating a hip labral tear. 2019-01-02
- Meddling with Markdown writing apps, trying to find the one that best fits my workflow. 2019-01-02
- Playing Hearthstone to the point of addiction. 2019-01-02
- Setting up a new, second blog. 2018-08-20
- Culling my podcast subscriptions to make way for Audible books. 2018-10-10
- Renewing my approach to work; introducing new ideas and approaches to help keep it fresh. 2018-10-10